3 months ago
8 years +
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Oliver Gravell, a Partner in the team, is one of only four 'Band 1' ranked East Anglian family lawyers in Chambers 2010 to 2018. Oliver is one of only four Family Law Arbitrators in East Anglia and 200 throughout England and Wales.
Birketts’ Family Law Team appreciate that the breakdown of a marriage or relationship can be one of the most traumatic events in a person’s life. Our family lawyers are members of Resolution and include accredited specialists, mediators, collaborative practitioners and Family Law Arbitrators who can provide family law advice and support which best suits a client’s particular needs and helps them reach their goals.
Purpose of job
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic market leading family department dealing with high quality work. We are looking for a Solicitor to cover a broad range of work across the department proving assistance to the entire team and contributing more widely to the team and its growth.
The position will involve work on a broad range of family matters and running files involving but not limited to:
* High asset financial cases - corporate clients, trust and complex pension structures
* Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements
* Schedule 1 Children Act
* Private Children Act
* Running and managing files and delegating to trainees and paralegals as appropriate.
* Advocacy, where appropriate.
* Supporting the Partners and team on larger and more complex matters.
* Interacting directly with clients and managing their expectations.
* Assisting with business development
* A Solicitor / Associate of 8 years PQE + gained within a strong regional or City firm.
* Strong academic background.
* A high attention to detail to produce work/ documentation which is consistently of a high standard.
* Experience of all aspects of family law, with a particular skill in dealing with corporate/commercial clients
* Strong understanding of Company law
* To have a flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are always met and clients are communicated with on a consistent and regular basis.
* Interest in and aptitude for business development
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.