Leigh Day is seeking a Secretary to join its highly acclaimed International Department. This is an excellent opportunity to join a coveted, award winning, specialist ‘claimant’ law firm renowned for ground breaking cases.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include;
• Produce accurate documents from verbal or written instructions including the use of templates and precedents.
• Liaise with clients including arranging meetings and the giving and receiving of information and documents as directed.
• Organise regular trips to various countries in Africa, Latin America and elsewhere for large teams of lawyers and paralegals.
• Proactively organise legal professionals’ schedules. This can include managing their diaries, arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms, organising parking spaces, hotel accommodation and travel arrangements.
• Establish and maintain efficient paper and electronic filing systems for legal professionals. This includes the timely and accurate filing of correspondence and documents.
• Accurately open and close client files, efficiently undertaking any file management tasks delegated by legal professionals.
• Accurately follow procedures when preparing files for archiving.
• As directed, draft correspondence, minutes and meeting notes for approval by the relevant legal professionals.
• Undertaking time recording and the preparation and submission of bills if requested to do so by a legal professional.
• Distribute and despatch post (if requested to do so by a legal professional), provide refreshments for meetings, management of document generation including photocopying and reprographic work delegated to other support staff and outside agencies.
• Act as overflow for other members of the department.
• Promoting and facilitating teamwork by offering and seeking help whenever necessary.
• Undertake other ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time.
To be successful you must have;
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice to all.
• Legal secretarial and litigation experience is essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to adapt and tailor communications appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Commitment to first class client care and portraying a professional image.
• Experience of working within case management systems and in devising new ways of working that improve efficiency and ensure first class client care.
• Relevant experience in using a variety of IT packages (MS Word, Excel, Case Management Systems and Outlook).
This is a permanent, position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by 13th October 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website)
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, on the email address provided on our website.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.