We are looking for a PA/Secretary to join the Regulatory Compliance team in our London office on a six to twelve month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be giving support to the partner and lawyers by taking responsibility for administration tasks to allow them to concentrate on business creation and fee income.
- Accurately type digital dictation and copy type from draft documents.
- Arrange the saving to DMS and dissemination of incoming post and the signing, saving to DMS and dispatch of outgoing mail/DX/email.
- Deal with incoming calls, taking clear written messages when lawyers are not available.
- Manage the diaries of lawyers for whom you are responsible.
- Arrange meetings with colleagues, clients and intermediaries, including booking venue/refreshments where appropriate.
- Help to arrange lawyers' attendance at external meetings, including collating relevant information (such as pre-visit checklists) and helping to plan travel and accommodation.
- Help to arrange events and mailings, including the uploading of relevant notes on Infor.
- Monitor e-mail inboxes if lawyers are absent, dealing with emails as appropriate to maintain timely communications on behalf of the firm.
- Become familiar with and operate the procedures and systems required of fee earners at VWV for case management such as, billing, file opening, money laundering compliance, archiving, accounts procedures.
- Produce documents in a professional and accurate manner and in accordance with house style.
- Copy, bind, save and share documents as required.
- Implement the Firm’s quality standards.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant Letters of Engagement and file procedures and, where possible, identify where work is needed to ensure compliance.
File and record systems
- Help to open new files and maintain them in an orderly way (including filing relevant documents where appropriate).
- Assist with billing, including that for work done, fixed fee products and retainers and help to manage the renewal process for clients purchasing retainer services (in particular academies' retainers).
- Close files in accordance with archiving procedures.
Learning and Development
- Attend appropriate internal training sessions.
Teamwork / Collaboration
- Demonstrate a willingness to support all colleagues.
- Attend team meetings and minute them as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must have experience as a secretary and with strong PA skills. Preferably at least two years’ experience in a legal environment.
The secretary will be able to:
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to a team.
- Learn new skills quickly and adapt well to change.
- Develop strong relationships.
- Communicate concisely, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues and others.
- Type quickly and accurately, using digital dictation techniques.
- Plan and organise own workload.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.