Secretarial Team Leader
Salary £28,000- DOE
A leading commercial law firm is looking to recruit a Secretarial Team Leader for the Manchester office as part of continued expansion plans. Working in one of the UK's leading law firms, you will be required to support a highly successful team of solicitors in the Corporate, Commercial & Regulatory . The role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
As the Secretarial Team Leader your main role is to support a team of 6 fee earners within the BAG Corporate, Commercial and Regulatory team (1 Partner, 2 Legal Directors, 2 Associates and 1 Solicitor) and to supervise the secretarial resource in the P&CR North and EPG practice groups. You will also be required to provide support to other practice groups as and when required.
Below are the general duties:
* Co-ordinate and manage work flow
* Work with the Secretarial Manger to resolve personnel/HR related queries
* Conduct secretary performance reviews
* Assist with secretarial recruitment & responsible for the induction of any new joiners in to the team
* Proactively manage diaries
* Effective prioritisation of tasks whilst managing a full workload
* Liaise and build relationships as appropriate with clients and their support staff
* Book client and internal meetings
* Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation
* Answer and make telephone calls
* File, archive, photocopy, scan and fax documents as and when required
* Ensure that client contact information is kept up to date
* Assist with the booking of travel arrangements
* Proactively assist with ad-hoc business development and communications activities e.g. client contact reports, delegate packs etc.
* Effectively work with fee earners and secretarial team members
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
* Encrypt PDFs and create encrypted CDs and/or DVDs
* Creating project bibles
So to be considered for this application my client are only considering candidates with the following experience & skills:
* Previous secretarial experience within a legal/professional services environment, ideally within a Corporate, Commercial or Real Estate team is preferred (however not essential) with a minimum typing speed of 65wpm
* Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
* A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
* Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
* An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
* A focused client service approach is essential
* Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
* Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
Interested? Send your CV today to get in the mix for this brilliant opportunity!
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.