4 days ago
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
Mishcon de Reya LLP has one of the largest and most comprehensive Dispute Resolution offerings in London; over half of the Firm's lawyers are litigators. From a core of Fraud litigators we have built a team that covers most major areas of the Dispute Resolution world including: White Collar Crime and Investigations, Tax, Competition and Anti-Trust, International Arbitration, Intellectual Property and Fraud Defence. Each dispute requires a bespoke solution, sometimes aggressive, sometimes measured. We fight our client’s corner: we take ownership of our client's dispute so that we can resolve it as effectively as possible. We fiercely guard our clients' interests.
Duties include, but are not limited to
• Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
• Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, faxes presentations and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the DMS.
• To regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update correspondence and other filing.
• To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret.
• To transcribe audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
• Liaising with other departments where required.
• Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database.
• Photocopying, faxing and filing.
• Preparation of monthly bills.
• Checking for monies on account to see whether bills have been paid.
• To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Providing support as required by the fee-earners and working with other secretaries/paralegals in the Department.
• Ideally LPC qualified or equivalent.
• Russian speaking.
• Experience working with the FCA desired but not essential .
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage own workload.
• Bright with strong academics.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
• Resilient and calm under pressure.
• Adaptable and flexible approach.
• Pro-active and takes initiative.
• Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
• Experience with Document Management Systems is an advantage.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.