Our client is well established firm based in Liverpool and they are looking for a further fee earner with experience in RTA to take over a caseload. You can be a paralegal, Legal Executive or Solicitor as long as you can handle your own caseload.
Main function of job:
- To manage a caseload of Fast Track RTA cases through all stages of the investigation and litigation process
- To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business
- Responsible for a caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2 years previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims
- Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time.
- A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
The above is not an exhaustive list and there is an expectation that different tasks will be performed as necessitated by changes to the organisation, the team and the overall business objectives of Pilkington Shaw.
Key Skills and Behaviours:
- Experience of managing a fast track RTA caseload utilising all internal procedures, processes, regulatory standards and quality management systems in an objective manner
- Previous experience of working within a heavily regulated environment and good working knowledge of the insurance industry and associated processes or procedures
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record in building successful relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to self-motivate and work on own initiative as well as being an excellent team player with a positive and "can-do" attitude
- Well organised with a smart and professional approach, the ability to prioritise, multi-task and effectively manage own time
- Strong PC skills with an organised approach to document storage
- Uses initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Excellent accuracy skills with a keen eye for attention to detail
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.