- Salary is competitive and negotiable, subject to experience.
- The Head Office is located in Brighton where we have three sites, with other regional offices in Hassocks and Henfield. This role is located in our Old Steyne Office.
- The working hours are negotiable but we are considering 3-4 days per week.
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22 days per annum increasing to 25 days after 5 years’ continuous service.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for client risk management and compliance to include :
- Management of compliance with the SRA and ICO requirements;
- Management of compliance administration including quality standards (such as Lexcel CQS and WIQS), lender panel management and other compliance processes;
- Maintenance of Lexcel accreditation, to include undertaking file audits and preparation and co-ordination of the Lexcel audits;
- Maintaining effective client risk management and compliance standards and providing compliance and best practice advice;
- Reviewing and implementing agreed changes and new accreditation versions to quality systems;
- Maintaining risk and compliance registers, and keeping other documents and records up to date;
- Provision of in-house risk and compliance training for staff;
- Preparing the firm for the introduction and ongoing compliance with the new General Data
- Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Maintaining the Office Manual in relation to Risk and Compliance.
The role may extend to involvement in dealing with service level complaints.
All personnel of the firm should support and assist their colleagues and, where necessary, may
be asked to be flexible in changing specific duties in order to assist where (due to unusual work
pressure, absences or some other reason) there is particular need for support.
We are looking for someone who has direct experience of law firm compliance and in particular Lexcel, CQS, WIQS and SRA audit procedures. The role also requires the post holder to develop and implement firm wide compliance under the new GDPR. The role is part time and we offer flexible working arrangements with a competitive salary and benefits.
- Literate and numerate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good keyboard skills.
- Strong Administration and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines, whilst completing work to a high standard.
- Flexible approach and prepared to adapt to changing priorities
- Smart and professional
- Pro-active, “can do” attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Risk and Compliance experience gained within a law firm, preferably with Lexcel involvement.
- An understanding of SRA rules.
- An understanding of the GDPR.
- An understanding of Money Laundering Regulations