Restructuring & Insolvency Associate - London
This role would be best suited to someone who is enthusiastic and ambitious, and is prepared to work across disciplines in a passionate and dynamic fashion. You will be given excellent supervision, training and coaching in this role and will need a commercial approach and excellent technical, communication and negotiation skills, as well as drive and initiative. The partners seek a supportive and keen candidate and a team player who appreciates that the nature of the work the team undertake is often urgent and requires completion within short timescales.
The role will encompass advisory (including turnaround and contingency options), transactional non-contentious work and contentious work with links to the firm's corporate, finance and real estate teams, amongst others, providing advice to all stakeholders in stressed and distressed situations including lenders, investors, corporates, directors and individuals, in addition to acting for insolvency practitioners. You should show evidence of understanding what is needed to help grow and develop a restructuring & insolvency practice and be willing to initiate and participate in marketing and business development activities with enthusiasm, confidence and ambition.
The team is known for its clear, commercially-focussed advice and prompt, responsive service. It is ranked tier 1 in the legal directories and is praised for having a large, diverse and distinguished practice with considerable experience across the full range of individual and corporate restructuring and insolvency matters with noticeable emphasis on:
* Acquisitions of distressed business
* Business contingency and exit planning
* Board advisory
* Business restructuring and turnaround strategy
* Debt and asset recovery
* Debt reconstruction and consolidation
* Dispute resolution (including mediations, arbitrations and other forms of ADR)
* Cross-border insolvency, forensics and international asset-tracing and recovery
* Insolvency and Companies Act offences and regulatory advice including director disqualification proceedings and fraud-based insolvency
* Liquidations (whether solvent, compulsory or voluntary) receiverships (court or LPA appointed), administrations, voluntary arrangements and bankruptcies
* Refinancing and general security advice
Please apply below for immediate consideration or contact Sarah Bailey at BCL Legal.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: