Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
Owen White & Catlin LLP has been established since 1921 and we have an extensive network of seven offices providing legal services to South West London, Surrey and Middlesex. We believe what makes us stand out from the rest of our peers is our commitment to quality, customer service and ensuring we recruit the best people. We take great pride in our personal service and the accessibility of our lawyers.
The Residential Conveyancing Solicitor Role
We are looking for a high calibre Residential Conveyancing Solicitor with a minimum of 3-5 year’s PQE. The ideal candidate will be confident managing a complex caseload and have excellent client care and communication skills across all levels.
The role requires sound technical expertise across all aspects of Conveyancing and the undertaking of fee earning work across predominantly residential (both freehold and leasehold) matters, with some limited exposure to commercial property work. A firm but fair approach to advising clients is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and as a member of the office team.
- Managing a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- Providing cost estimates to new clients
- Opening files and progressing matters in line with the firm and SRA’s procedures
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and Solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Undertaking any additional relevant tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- Managing post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- Contributing to business development activity and networking events on behalf of the firm
- Providing support to colleagues in the Property department, as required
The Ideal Residential Conveyancing Solicitor:
As a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software programmes
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
It is also desirable you can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Proclaim
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Conveyancer
In return for your commitment we offer you;
- A competitive salary
- 21 days holidays each year, plus 8 bank holidays and extra 4 days over Christmas/ New Year
- 1-day holiday on your birthday
- Pension scheme
- Parking on site
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.