about 1 year ago
As part of our structured growth and development and as our client base and portfolio of work expand, we are now seeking to recruit a further Solicitor to complement our busy team of committed and hard working lawyers.
This new role incorporates a broad range of residential development work for house builders, landowners and registered providers, including site acquisitions and disposals, funding documentation and infrastructure agreements.
The post-holder will be expected to work as part of our team, providing clients with practical, commercial and expert advice and guidance.
Key activities are likely to include involvement in:
* Dealing with conditional contracts, options, promotion agreements and similar;
* Undertaking title investigation and other due diligence work, including some complex site assemblies;
* Dealing with disposals of land, affordable housing and freehold reversions;
* Dealing with legal documents associated with the development process e.g. easements, infrastructure agreements, licenses etc.;
* Dealing with the setting up of management schemes and plot sales documentation in relation to the sale of new build properties;
* Providing support to colleagues within the Unit and in other associated teams e.g. Plot Sales;
* Taking responsibility for and ensure that all files and letters of engagement etc. are compliant with SRA regulatory requirements;
* Providing advice on costs and funding including the provision of costs estimates as appropriate; and
* Delegating work to and helping to supervise and develop less experienced members of the team.
We are keen to hear in particular, from anyone who currently works in residential development, although we would also welcome applications from candidates working within commercial property and/or development who are looking to specialise in this dynamic sector.
We have a flexible team structure and would like to hear from candidates with an interest in this type of work, regardless of amount of PQE experience. Newly qualified solicitors will be considered.
Although knowledge and/or experience of the house building sector is preferred, you should otherwise have experience of commercial property and/or development work, with up-to-date knowledge of the property sector.
You will need to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and it is essential that you are a team-player with a desire to become part of a highly regarded sector-focused team.
Your strong commitment to client care must shine through.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter via apply button.