Residential Conveyancing Solicitor / Licensed Conveyancer
** QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ONLY - Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer
My client is a top tier Legal 500 firm with offices all across Surrey. They are seeking a QUALIFIED solicitor or Licensed conveyancer to join their expanding property team in Leatherhead. You should have at least 2 years experience handling your own Residential Conveyancing files.
Essential personal qualities and attributes
* Competence and confidence in residential property law and practice relevant to level of experience.
* Will seek to achieve targets set for Licensed Conveyancers in respect of chargeable hours, fees, lock-up and non-chargeable time.
* Will endeavour to develop a client/referrer base.
* Will appreciate and identify opportunities to refer work to other departments.
* When requested, will become involved in activities of the firm and department outside of those of normal work.
* Will recognise the importance of practice development and show a willingness to become involved.
Essential skills, Knowledge and experience
* Licensed Conveyancers qualification
* Ability to run own caseload for residential sale and purchases from start to finish (freehold and leasehold) relevant to level of experience
* Knowledge and understanding of the CML Handbook
* Good interpersonal skills with Client and contacts, both in person and by phone
* Good grammar and written communication skills
* Ability work self sufficiently without non-fee earner support
* An understanding of marketing and the ability to participate in marketing activities
Desirable skills, knowledge and Abilities
* Knowledge of enfranchisement and lease extension rights
* Ability to cover other fee earners in the department during periods of absence
* Ability to market themselves and capitalise on marketing opportunities
If you feel you have the necessary experience please apply today with your CV for immediate consideration for interview.
Please contact Jonathan Hoose, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.