Conveyancing Solicitor / Licensed Conveyancer
3-4 Years Fee Earning Experience Essential
SJC Legal is currently managing the recruitment process for a highly reputable full service law firm that has a strong presence throughout the North East. Due to an increased amount of work and growth within the team, my client is looking for a senior residential conveyancing Fee Earner / Solicitor to join their well established property team and work closely with the partner and head of department.
- Manage a varied caseload from inception to completion that consists of freehold, leasehold, sale and purchases, remortgage, transfer of equity, new build and help to buy transactions;
- Work closely with the partner and act as second in command where you will supervise the team when the partner is not present;
- Train, manage and develop junior employees as well as oversee the conveyancing team when needed;
- Deal effectively with clients and third parties over the telephone, in written correspondence and face to face in order to provide advice and assistance;
- Build and maintain strong client relationships ensuring excellent client service;
- Supervise the preparation of the completion packs for the accounts department;
- Effectively manage enquiries that are raised on a sale or purchase;
- Ensure all documents are in place for the registration of the purchase or sale following completion; and
- Responsible for training and managing junior members of staff.
The Candidate skills
- Qualified solicitor or licensed conveyancer desirable however not essential;
- Experienced in managing, training and supervising junior employees;
- 4 years of experience managing your own caseload from inception to completion;
- Excellent interpersonal skill;
- Ability to effectively use a case management system;
- The ability to deliver high levels of customer service;
- An approachable, enthusiastic manner; and
- Good organisational skills accompanied by excellent time management.
Remuneration & benefits
My client offers a competitive salary package as well as all the training needed to succeed within the firm. There is a genuine route to progress within the firm for the right candidate.
How to get in touch
For a discussion in confidence about the above position or about general opportunities in the market then please get in touch with Nathaniel who is a Legal Conveyancing specialist at SJC Legal.
With offices in Manchester city centre, Birmingham and Nottingham, SJC Legal specialise in recruiting professionals of all levels throughout the North West, East and West Midlands. We are privileged to work with a wide array of law firms offering both permanent and interim legal recruitment solutions to our diverse client base.