“You will be the face of Napthens providing that all important first impression to our valued clients”
Exciting opportunity, working as part of a busy Reception Team. Providing cover for sickness and holidays at Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn and Southport branches.
Must be able to work flexible hours and be available to cover at short notice as and when required. Hours of work 08:30- 17:00 Monday to Friday (working hours may vary from each branch) must have own transport to travel between multiple branches. Must be comfortable with motorway driving.
Reception duties include greeting clients, answering and diverting calls, sorting post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling incoming calls and routing them to the appropriate extensions.
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Ensuring the reception area is clean and tidy.
- Booking rooms for meetings, internal and external.
- Preparing rooms for meetings including refreshments and clearing rooms after the meeting has finished.
- Preparing and serving refreshments, tea, coffee and lunches.
- Dealing with requests for telephone numbers.
- E-mailing of messages.
- Booking conference calls.
- Booking lunch orders and taxis for Clients.
- Assist with the opening of post in the morning and logging of DX and outgoing post in the evenings.
- Filing of deeds and files in archive.
- Storage of deeds.
- Ordering stationery for the Southport office.
- Purchasing and controlling stocks of tea and coffee.
- Purchasing stamps.
- Banking cash for the Southport office.
- Controlling petty cash.
- Printing of cheques.
Key performance indicators of the role
- Speed and accuracy of routing calls to correct destinations.
- Polite and professional manner with all internal and external clients.
- Meeting deadlines for bookings i.e. lunches, taxis, travel tickets.
Key competence requirements
- Listening – Ability to listen to requests and interpret them ensuring the correct outcome.
- Written – Able to present clear concise notes, e-mails and information and be able to leave clear instructions e.g. when going on holiday.
- Verbal – Clear and concise in what you are saying, sharing information, ensure Supervisor is kept informed, tells colleagues what is going on as necessary. Prepared to assist others and tasks as and when necessary, seeks and welcomes ideas from others. Able to work unsupervised, identify what needs to be done and get on with it ensuring tasks are prioritised as necessary. Able to establish clear goals and priorities and manage time effectively to achieve them. Able to remain calm and professional at all times, able to multi-task, also able to handle difficult/abusive behaviours without becoming emotionally involved.
Key skills and experience
- Experience of a busy reception including switchboard.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to display tact, discretion and diplomacy and remain professional and highly confidential at all times.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally at all levels including senior management.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude with the ability to manage and change work priorities as appropriate.
- Smartly presented person with a positive, friendly personality who is organised, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective time management.
- High level of administrative and IT skills.
- Experience within a law firm or professional services office.