Regulatory and Public Law Associate
We are looking to recruit a bright, ambitious Associate (2+ PQE) to our busy Regulatory and Public Law team.
We offer challenging high quality work and a culture in which lawyers are trusted to take responsibility and challenge themselves in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We advise a range of clients, including regulators, professional bodies, regulated businesses and professionals, charities/not for profits and private individuals.
The department has an interesting and varied caseload including:
- Acting in complex professional disciplinary proceedings, particularly in relation to solicitors, barristers, architects and accountants (including statutory appeals in the Administrative Court and Court of Appeal);
- Bringing and defending judicial review proceedings in the Administrative Court, or acting for Interested Parties;
- Advising regulators and professional bodies in relation to the exercise of statutory powers, drafting procedures and rules, sustainable public law decision making and information law issues;
- Conducting regulatory investigations on behalf of regulators, professional bodies or regulated businesses and advising on the management of regulatory risk and reputation management;
- Advising on professional liability disputes and acting in related litigation and arbitrations.
The team and a number of our individual lawyers are ranked in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for professional discipline.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent academic record, strong legal analysis and client care skills and previous experience in public and regulatory law in a contentious or non-contentious legal role (including experience of liaising directly with clients and counsel).
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting regulatory and related litigation
- Researching and drafting advice on a wide range of public law and regulatory law issues;
- Drafting correspondence, witness statements and applications;
- Drafting rules and policies;
- Instructing Counsel;
- Managing own caseload and prioritising work effectively;
- Working flexibly as part of a team to deliver excellent client service;
- Business development activities.
There may be opportunities for some advocacy but this will not be a significant part of the role.
We offer highly competitive salaries commensurate with the quality of work we would expect from you, and an attractive benefits package.
We are not accepting submissions from agencies for this vacancy