Regulatory and Corporate Defence Solicitor
This small but growing regulatory team deals with the full remit of regulatory matters and is now looking to add to the team with a further solicitor with a regulatory or criminal defence background. York or Leeds based.
The team and the role
- Small partner-led team based in York
- Acts for a wide range of corporate and individual clients, both regional and national
- Defending companies and their key individuals who face investigation and prosecution for alleged breaches of criminal regulatory offences
- Crisis management and reputation management
- Very broad based remit including defending prosecutions and investigations brought by HSE, HMRC, CQC, SFO, BIS, OFT, FACT, local authorities and the police
- Managing all aspects of the case including advocacy as appropriate
Who are they looking for?
- A qualified solicitor with solid academics
- Experience across a range of regulatory work would be preferred, although the team has a track record of recruiting solicitors from a criminal defence background and are very open to talking to people from this background who want to move into regulatory work
- Ideally 2 or 3 years' PQE but possibly up to around 5PQE for the right person
What's on offer?
- A friendly but busy team in an open and relaxed but professional working environment
- Lovely offices in the heart of the legal district in central Leeds
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.