REGIONS MARKETING MANAGER
Department Business Development
Reporting Line Head of Marketing
Location Flexible (Manchester / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen), but must travel between offices
Level of role AG 3
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
The Business Development team is a centralised function advising and supporting the Firm in its marketing, sales support and business development activities. The key drivers for the team are to ensure we support the development and implementation of the firm's strategy and in particular help:
► Drive profitable revenue growth (through the Client Universe and new clients)
► Develop and deliver a clear brand proposition through our sector focus
The Regions Marketing Manager is responsible for working with the firm's UK offices to help them devise and plan marketing and business development strategies to promote AG within their local marketplace, aligned to the firm's overall strategic objectives. The Regions Marketing Manager will also work alongside and support practice/sector business development teams to help meet regional business development goals.
You will be expected to travel to all UK offices as and when required.
- Work with partners and business leaders in our UK offices - London, Leeds, Manchester and Scotland - to help them devise and plan marketing and business development strategies that both promote AG within their local marketplace and help fuel business growth.
- Lead strategic planning sessions and write marketing objectives and plans for each region, agreeing priority tactics and areas deserving marketing budget investment. Those tactics might include events, sponsorships, video marketing, content, PR, advertising, social media and other modern B2B marketing approaches.
- Conduct market and competitor research as required to inform marketing plans
- Deliver agreed marketing plans and tactics for each UK region - both on time and to budget. Measure and report on the results and effectiveness of those activities to both ensure ROI and inform future planning.
- Attend regular meetings with each UK office to provide advice and keep them up to date with national or global marketing initiatives that they can take advantage of.
- Work with wider Business Development team to ensure regional requirements - for example in London and Scotland - are included within their sectoral business development plans; and also ensure that global BD sectoral initiatives are taken into local UK marketplaces
- Develop a strong understanding of the UK offices and the different nuances of marketing and business development across our regions. Build relationships with partners, fee-earners and support staff across the firm to ensure understanding and buy-in for marketing activities. Be a subject matter expert for UK regions, advising them on best practice modern marketing techniques.
- Manage and motivate a Regional Marketing Executive to deliver agreed plans.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- Proven track record in devising, implementing and evaluating marketing and communications programmes. Must have significant experience of writing marketing plans, conducting market research and holding marketing planning sessions with senior stakeholders.
- High degree of commerciality, with a clear focus on effectiveness, results and ROI
- A strong grounding in multi-channel, B2B marketing tactics, with the ability to advise and influence senior Partners on best-practice marketing activities
- The ability to challenge thinking and to establish 'trusted adviser' status with senior internal stakeholders
- Strong experience of marketing or business development in the professional services or B2B financial services sectors is preferred
- The ability to work both strategically and to deliver marketing plans on a hands-on basis. You must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and being highly visible on a project.
- An excellent and persuasive business writer, persuader and communicator, adaptable to client-facing communications and internal communications
- Must be highly organised, able to prioritise workloads, manage multiple projects and negotiate deadlines; collaborating with and managing people cross site and in virtual teams
- Comfortable working to short deadlines and be flexible to travel frequently around the UK.
- Strong people management skills
- An enthusiastic, can-do, team player with a positive attitude, we expect you to adhere to the firm's core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour