10 months ago
Exciting opportuinity to join CMS in a broad based recruiter role. Predominantly focused on fee earner roles and with an international element.
About the role
Day-to-day responsibility of fee-earner related UK vacancies with some awareness and guidance relating to international requirements.
Key responsibilities to include:
• Taking vacancy details from hiring managers and preparing details for role profiles and advertising
• Ensuring authorisation processes followed.
• Sourcing candidates (using the most appropriate methods including internal referral scheme, websites, direct advertising and recruitment agents).
• Promote and use direct sourcing methods such as LinkedIn. Work with hiring managers to ensure direct approaches via LinkedIn etc.
• Liaise with preferred recruitment suppliers as well as ad-hoc recruitment agencies ensuring terms agreed where necessary.
• Lead agency briefing meetings.
• Be aware of agency/supplier performance against SLAs/targets and report any issues to Manager for escalation.
• Working with the Recruitment Administrator to ensure consistent candidate management and on-boarding.
• Supporting the client through the candidate selection process including assessment tools such as psychometric testing.
• Conducting telephone and face to face interviews for fee-earner roles and providing interview skills guidance where necessary.
• Liasing with HR Business Partners during the offer process (authorisation, salary advice, preparation of offer, etc.)
• Building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
• Liaison with the business and candidates re start dates and induction process for client groups.
• Inspecting and recording documentation in line with immigration legislation prior to new starters arrival.
• Assisting with ad-hoc projects.
• Running MI reports as required. Provide analysis to the Interim Recruitment Manager as requested.
• Supporting other Recruitment Advisors with other vacancies when required.
Ideally you will have;
• Experience of working within a HR/recruitment environment in a professional services organisation, ideally within a law firm.
• Direct sourcing experience.
• Interviewing experience essential.
• Good understanding and experience of key legal requirements relating to legislation, in particular with regard to discrimination and immigration regulations.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Strong organisational skills.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Capacity to establish professional credibility quickly.
• Knowledge of the basics of good employment practice.
• Maintains a Client focus.
• PC literate. Use of an online applicant tracking system preferred.
• Good project management skills.
• Willingness to accept change.
• Adaptable and flexible.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Interim Recruitment Manager, for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.