This national firm has an opening for a 1PQE+ Solicitor to join the real estate team in the social housing Division in Liverpool
Our national Social Housing, Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of commercial property for both the public and private sector. We advise on and draft heads of terms, development agreements and associated construction, planning and site disposal matters, funding arrangements, freehold transfer and associated due diligence procedures, grant assignment and lease renewals. Our clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers. We have been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures. Our service includes the management of large property portfolios for occupiers and investors, advising on LTA 1954 renewals, easements, covenants, service charges and land registration.
In light of successful tender bids and increasing instructions there is need for an additional solicitor to join this growing team.
To manage a caseload of Social Housing real estate transactions including residential development, purchase and sale of PRS portfolios, site-set up, easements and statutory agreements, asset securitisation, landlord and tenant and to provide support to other members of the team.
· Manage own caseload of real estate cases
· Provide support to other members of the team
· Manage client expectations
· Draft and prepare various Social Housing real estate documents
· Liaise with internal and external parties, such as colleagues, clients, Land Registry, search agencies etc
· Supervise and develop more junior members of staff as may be required
· Complete MI procedures as and when required
· Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
· Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
· Comply with relevant policies and procedures
· Work in accordance with the firms' values
· Assist in business development
The person specification
· Minimum 2+ years PQE
· Willingness to engage in issues concerning the housing sector - prior knowledge is an advantage
· Experience of and familiarity with development and regeneration work is an advantage
· Excellent team work skills
· Strong academics and technical knowledge
· Experience of and keen interest in real estate work
· Excellent IT and typing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent time management and organisation skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise
· Ability to follow instructions
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
· Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.