Real Estate Solicitor - Cardiff
This is an exceptional real estate vacancy with a UK top-100 commercial law firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Dublin and Hong Kong. This firm is recognised by clients and industries alike as being distinct: for its deep understanding, insight and advice to creative, innovative and brand-focused businesses.
The firm's real estate & development department is a busy, successful and well regarded real estate group. The Cardiff real estate team is close-knit, friendly and supportive. It benefits from being part of a wider group of 18 real estate lawyers. The team is embarking on an exciting expansion plan in Cardiff to provide quality, cost effective legal advice from Cardiff, to service both existing clients and also assist new clients in the Wales / South West market.
The work is varied, interesting and challenging, to include:
- Acting for a wide range of developer (both public and private) and contractor clients - commercial, residential and mixed use;
- Acting for occupier clients (including global, industrial, medical and advertising groups, restaurateurs and fashion houses) who have significant real estate assets but where real estate isn't necessarily core business;
- Acting for financiers;
- Acting for property investors on the acquisition, management and disposal of investment properties; and
- Working closely with colleagues in property litigation and supporting colleagues in the corporate department.
The successful candidate will have good academics, a solid grounding of up to two years' PQE in general real estate matters and will be comfortable and confident working under supervision. Experience in handling two or more of the following areas will suffice:
- Acquisitions and disposals of leasehold and freehold properties;
- Landlord and tenant;
- Asset management;
- Property aspects of corporate acquisition and disposals; and
- Preparation of reports on title and certificates of title and carrying out due diligence.
To apply for the position of real estate solicitor please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.