Devonshires has been based in the City of London for more than 150 years. From our offices in London, Leeds and Colchester, we provide legal services throughout England and Wales. We act for a broad range of clients, including private and public companies, developers, local authorities, funders and regulators but in particular, we act for a significant number of charities and housing associations. We are a “full service” firm with specialists in Banking, Commercial/Corporate, Litigation, Housing, Employment, Projects and Property. Over the past few years, we have grown significantly and now have approximately 250 employees.
We are seeking to recruit a Paralegal to assist our Real Estate and Projects Department. A core area of the team is development work for Housing Associations and private developers including acquisition, development and sale of completed schemes. The focus of this position is to our support our active team in delivering a high level of service to our clients.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and who is able to manage their own caseload with accuracy and a highly efficient level of time management. This is a demanding role that will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a broad range of property work in a busy and friendly team. We believe strongly in investing and training our staff and the successful candidate can expect the opportunity to expand on and further develop their existing knowledge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet the department and business needs.
Manage own caseload of high volume property sales, handling both shared ownership and outright sales;
• Assist and/or manage in relation to stair casing matters and residential acquisitions and disposals;
• Ensure timelines and deadlines are met and adhered to;
• Set up and maintain online document rooms;
• Provide clients with monthly invoices and regular progress reports;
• Manage a large number of deadlines relating to a variety of transactions at any one time;
• Carry out legal research as and when required;
• Dealing with requisitions raised by HMLR;
• Communicate positively with clients and other parties both on the telephone and by email and manage a range of clients resourcefully;
Organise and maintain tidy and accurate electronic files (hard copy files when required);
• Provide support and assistance to fee earners within the team as and when required;
• Follow department procedures, the Solicitor’s Accounts Rules and the Firm’s policies and procedures as detailed in the Office Manual.
Essential skills and requirements
• You will have an appropriate degree in Law or equivalent (or appropriate conversion) or an appropriate subject;
• You will have good experience in a similar role and possess solid drafting skills;
• You take a methodical approach with good attention to detail;
• You are competent in all MS applications including Word, Excel and Outlook;
• You are client focussed, have an approachable manner and excellent communication skills;
• You are able to work with limited supervision;
• Any experience of dealing with developers and/or housing associations (both traditional RPs or ‘for profit’ providers) would be an advantage.
Desirable skills / future requirements of the role
• Assignments, staircasing, right to buy / right to acquire, lease extensions and any other related legal property work.
• Dealing with acquisitions and disposal of residential properties;
• Completing SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns;
Looking for Paralegal jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Paralegal vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Paralegal careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Paralegal opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Paralegal recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: