Real Estate Paralegal
As a property Paralegal you will work as part of the Transaction Services Team to provide support to fee earners in our Real Estate division. The work of a property Paralegal is varied and includes:
- All areas of post completion work expected in a busy Real Estate department of a Commercial law firm, including the submission of SDLT returns for the more complex transactions involving renewal leases, linked transactions, properties sold subject to multiple leases and exempt transaction, and the submission of all Land Registry applications to include registration of transfers, charges, unilateral notices, deeds of variation, first registrations etc.
- Drafting and negotiation of licences to assign, licences to underlet and licences for alteration through to completion; also title work including lease reporting
What we are looking for
Due to the dynamic nature of the work we do and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who takes real pride in their work and who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. You will have:
- Previous property paralegal experience.
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills when managing priorities and incoming task requests. Organised, disciplined and thorough approach to maintaining document files.
- Has a high level of attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency, consistently demonstrating a flexible proactive "can-do" attitude.
- Works efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic, conscientious and proactive approach.
- Demonstrates the ability to work on their own initiative.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.