9 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
Our team comprises lawyers with experience in finance, real estate and tax and is able to provide a seamless service, addressing the complications of both small and large lending transactions seen in real estate.
In addition to the more conventional real estate finance work, we work closely with our Funds Groupin the structuring and setting up of property funds, and their funding of real estate investments.We also work closely with our Structured Finance and Securitisation Group.
We have experience in the finance of all types of real estate assets ranging from major office,retail and residential developments through institutionally owned properties to trophy residential properties.
We are keen to appoint a Solicitor to join our Real Estate Property Finance team based in Manchester who will work closely with our partners.
Our clients include several large private lenders and you would be expected to cover the following work:
* Acting in connection with the property due diligence required in taking property security and including either reporting on a certificate of title or report on title being provided to the lender or undertaking our own report on title.
* In connection with certain lenders, preparing the relevant security package and putting that in place with accompanying board minutes etc.
* Reviewing on simpler transactions the form of facility letter or loan agreement and in connection with more complex and sophisticated facility agreements, commenting on any property led points.
* Reviewing security packages already in place in the context of a possible purchase of the underlying loans by an investment fund and then acting on complex issues in the context of selling either through a receiver, administrator or by a mortgagee and overcoming and creating solutions to issues which often arise in relation to such sales.
* Acting for receivers and administrators on the sale of property assets following enforcement by a mortgagee.
Key Skills & Experience
* Qualified lawyer with proven experience from a well respected Real Estate practice
* Relevant ‘hands-on’ work experience of property finance is essential
* Good team management skills
* Excellent client management skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and sound time/case management skills
* Strong academic record,
Please note Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role