6 months ago
Real Estate Development
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
The Real Estate team in Birmingham advise on and project manage some of the UK’s most significant regeneration and redevelopment schemes, working for a range of leading residential and commercial developers and investors, landowners and occupiers..
The world renowned Cambridge Biomedical Campus is a typical example of the projects they are involved in. Acting from the outset taking Options and investigation title, advising though out the process of securing planning permission, granting leases to occupiers, negotiating the build contracts and funding the build, ultimately selling the investment – the full development life cycle
* Assisting partners with all aspects of real estate development transactions.
* Acquisitions of land by way of option, conditional and unconditional contract and completion of development agreements.
* The management of individual properties and property portfolios, including the granting of leases and licences, lease renewals and rent reviews for a range of good quality investors
* Acting on new lettings to tenants including agreements for lease with works for retail tenants.
* Assisting on large scale portfolio transactions including dealing with certificates of title;
* High levels of client contact and client liaison responsibilities;
* Assisting on due diligence for financing and Corporate transactions.
Key Skills & Experience
* Qualified lawyer with good experience in real estate acquisitions, disposals and L&T.
* Relevant ‘hands-on’ work experience and client management skills
* Good knowledge of English Land Law and Landlord and Tenant law.
* Previous experience of acting for developer or investor clients would be an advantage
* Strong interpersonal skills and sound time/case management skills
* Strong academic record.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role