Davies and Partners Solicitors is a well-established law firm with over 30 years’ experience. It has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals. There are 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Gloucester.
Position: Property Litigator
Location: Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3RT
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
This role reports to the Legal Director and Head of Property Litigation. There will also be a dotted line to the Head of the Gloucester office.
To be the primary point of contact for all property dispute related enquiries received by the Gloucester office, including internally referred work from other departments, whilst maintaining client care to the highest standard.
- Be responsible for property litigation in the Gloucester office.
- Willing to handle queries from the firm’s other offices with the possibility of travelling to those offices from time to time.
- Confident in handling a wide range of contentious property related issues including (but not limited to): Commercial landlord and tenant cases, Acting for residential landlords, Property defects claims, Rights of way and easement disputes, Boundary disputes, Party Wall Act cases, Trespass and nuisance claims, Property ownership issues and TOLATA claims, Restrictive covenants, Adverse possession.
- Willing to deal with potential contentious probate work, and professional negligence involving property professionals, such as architects and surveyors.
- Work to strict deadlines in a pressurised but friendly environment.
- Liaise with support staff (i.e. Legal Secretary and Trainee Paralegal) in a positive and proactive manner.
- Supervise the current Trainee Solicitor with support from the Head of Department, and any other future trainees based in the Gloucester office.
- Liaise with the Head of Department on financial budgeting and training requirements / opportunities.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper-based records for clients.
- Act as a positive ambassador for Davies and Partners Solicitors.
- Actively participate in the business development of both the department and the Gloucester office.
- Undertake appropriate and relevant staff development on a regular basis.
- The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity, the candidate will be expected to engage in or oversee on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as all employees are required to be flexible, dynamic and have the capacity to think creatively when presented with challenges.
- Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request.
- We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
- FCILEX qualification.
- Registered Solicitor that complies to the SRA standards.
- Ideally 2 years+ PQE.
- Experience working as a property litigator in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-organised and proactive.
- Ability to take responsibility and solve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Adaptable to the needs of the business as changes occur during the operational requirements.
- Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (lCT).
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with contentious probate work and professional negligence.
- Appropriate DBS disclosure will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- Right to live and work in the UK, e.g. valid UK or EU passport or appropriate visa / work permits.
As part of our compliance procedures, applicants are asked to note that: references will be followed up; all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily; proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required; reference requests will ask specifically whether the applicant ever been subject to any proceedings / complaints initiated by the Law Society or any other professional body. Appropriate suitability checks may be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This role will require applicants who are offered employment to be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Davies and Partners Solicitors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable national laws. Davies and Partners Solicitors complies with applicable national laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
You may have experience of the following: Property Litigator, Solicitor, Conveyancing, Commercial Property Solicitor, Party Wall Act, etc.