Property Litigation Solicitor Leeds
Wow, there's been a lot of movement in the Leeds property litigation market recently hasn't there?
Another great opportunity has come up for an experienced solicitor with this steadily growing property litigation team in Leeds, which offers a great team environment and a genuinely interesting mix of work, as well as a solid bonus structure and work life balance.
For this role, there are also fantastic progression opportunities.
The Firm & The Team
- The top 20 UK firm is highly ranked across many practice areas, with nearly 100 ranked UK lawyers and over 100 ranked practice areas, and has a particularly strong reputation in litigation and real estate.
- They also have strong coverage across Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America.
- The property litigation team is a bit different from most, offering a mix of traditional private practice cross-sector work, coupled with a mix of quasi in-house work.
- As part of their role, the team operates effectively as an outsourced in-house legal team for a major household name telecommunications company, so for those candidates who are interested in a move in-house, this could be a very helpful platform for the future.
- The spread of work that is on offer with this client is a truly broad remit of commercial property litigation work, including break notices, lease and licence advisory work, S25 notices, S26 requests, S29B extensions, actions for dilapidations, breach of covenant, injunctions, status of occupation and drafting, issue & service of lease renewal or termination proceedings.
- This is only part of the role though. In addition the firm deals with the full remit of property litigation work on behalf of major household name residential development, retail, logistics and asset management clients, as well as large local authorities, which generates a great range of work.
- They have also recently won a significant tender for a financial services sector client that deals with significant property development work.
- As an added extra, there is a further niche within the team dealing with Premier League stadium work and the litigation that arises from this area.
- All in all, it's a very broad based role within a really friendly team.
Who are they looking for?
- They are looking to recruit a solicitor with a strong background in property litigation matters
- Ideally around 4 or 5 PQE but they are happy to look at people a bit more senior as well
- The ideal candidate will be confident in all aspects of the litigation process, be articulate and client facing and keen to join a dedicated property litigation team that has client care at the forefront of its objectives.
What's on offer?
- It's a close knit team, with a head of department who is friendly, open & thoroughly approachable.
- A very strong market rate salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant.
- The bonus structure is good and whilst everyone in the team works hard, the hours are sensible and everyone is on their way home by 6 or 6.30 most evenings.
- They get on well and tend to socialise together a lot.
- The quality of the work is very good, as well as being varied. They regularly attract top tier candidates for this team.
- There are excellent progression opportunities for this role as the 2 partner team has plenty of room at the top for further growth.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.