About the Role
To grow, develop and manage Property Disputes work within the London region with an aim to build and grow the business whilst maintaining a consistent level of excellent client service. To support the Head of Department in achieving the Business Plan. To have responsibility for line managing and growing the Property Disputes team in London.
Duties will include:
- Act as a senior lawyer for the clients’ or practice area’s most challenging matters.
- Manages a client review process & introduces changes based on client feedback. Focused on the client’s success and future growth.
- Set up and take a key role in the client &/or referrer events across the business. Build business on the back of referrals for excellent service delivery.
- Run client/referrer development plans, with goals for growing clients/referrers through a range of added value activities, service extension & cross referrals.
- Expand own area of business by broadening area of expertise into new client sectors/markets or achieving greater market share.
- Input into Real Estates Department BD plans and take responsibility for leading the promotion of the London Property Litigation practice area
- Grow as a leader of the firm through making strategic contributions to the department & create positive working relationships with others across the firm. Quickly builds a strong network to enable effective leverage.
- Lead & manage performance and development of self and others to drive excellent results.
- Align personal contribution & activities with wider business objectives & the success of the firm.
- Understand changes in the legal sector, identifying the impact on the business & define strategies to ensure own department & firm keep up to date.
- Manage business processes effectively – analysing management information, & working with others to define & implement business improvements & change.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Solicitor with experience operating as a senior fee earner
- Clear business plan for growth proposition within the Property Disputes department
- Substantial previous experience within Property Litigation law, including; freehold, lanlord and tennants
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service
- Proven ability to win new business through networking and marketing activities
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Lead by Example- Is a role model for living Royds Withy King Values and provides clarity for others about current and future business direction
- Has Positive Impact & Influence- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds strong internal and external relationships
- Manages Performance & Contribution- Able to optimise the talent, expertise and experience of team members in meeting organisational and individual objectives
- Coaches & Develops Others-Plays an active part in nurturing and developing people, has a positive expectation of others’ ability to learn grow and develop
- Manages Change and Ambiguity- Responds positively to new and changing requirements, supports and inspires others through change
- Focuses on Innovation and Developing the Brand and Business- Demonstrates creative thinking keeping the client at the heart of ideas and innovates to grow the business
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal 500 2017 and 39 lawyers were ranked as ‘Leaders in their Field’ in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
The firm is proud to be ranked for the last five years as a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work for. Royds Withy King also received a three star ‘extraordinary’ accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 – one of just six UK law firms to have done so.
For further information about Royds Withy King, visit roydswithyking.com, follow us on Twitter @RoydsWithyKing or read our latest news and views on LinkedIn.