Winckworth Sherwood is an exciting, diverse and growing business. Joining our team will see you work with some of the UK’s most interesting clients.
In the last year alone we have:
- Worked on corporate transactions valued at over £3 billion
- Advised our developer and social housing clients on over £1.6 billion of residential sales and over £1 billion of refinancings
- Advised on HS2 which will see the development of over 330 miles of railway network with an expected £59 billion benefit to the wider economy
- As if that wasn’t enough, we are also involved in the transformation of Battersea Power Station and act for the majority of London’s major Housing Associations who together own assets of over £17.3 billion.
However it’s not all about big numbers and high-profile projects; the real success of our business comes from the ability of our teams to provide fantastic service and create long-lasting relationships.
We are looking for a solicitor (NQ - 3 yrs PQE) to join our Property Dispute Resolution team.
There are 20 people in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department, of which 13 are dedicated to Property Litigation. The Property Dispute Resolution team includes 1 partner, 3 senior solicitors, 6 solicitors, 2 legal executives, a trainee and 2 PAs. There are additional shared support services across the department. The candidate will report to the partner and will be working independently with their own case load and for / alongside all senior solicitors in the team and supporting the partner.
Client base and type of work
All members of the team are property litigation specialists. We cover the full range of property litigation services including development and land disputes, property contract disputes, residential and commercial property disputes. We work closely with the property departments in the firm who are as much our clients as external instructors. Our client base ranges from property portfolio holders including large charities and retailers, house builders and developers, social landlords and government institutions.
Aims of the department
To deliver an expert service in property litigation with high quality advice at good value for money. To raise our external profile in this field through quality of service and networking.
- Strong academic background
- Good work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Versatility to support partners and senior solicitors and manage own workload
- Ability to manage workload at times of pressure such as urgent court applications or preparation for trial
- Responsiveness to direction and strong organisational skills
- Ability to provide service at high client focussed levels
- Genuine interest in and dedication to a career in property litigation and at WS