Commercial & Projects Solicitor
This is a great opportunity for an experienced projects solicitor to join a top tier team in Leeds that's at the top of its game, working both on major UK projects and overseas projects.
We're working closely with the Projects team at this top flight tier one in Leeds at the moment in relation to their expansion plans. Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire two senior associate solicitors to join the team and grow with it. It's a fantastic team made up of a great bunch of intelligent, down-to earth lawyers.
What's on offer?
- They're a great team with a lot of opportunity to grow.
- Key areas of work include - energy projects (oil & gas, renewables, nuclear), transport, water & waste, telecomms networks, defence projects, PFI / PPP, public sector projects, infrastructure finance and social infrastructure (including sports and tourism).
- They offer a significant amount of major international work as well as UK based projects.
- London quality work in the regions
- They're particularly good at supporting you to develop your career in the direction you want it to go, and at the pace that suits you.
- They'll stretch you, but not too far!
- There's excellent hands-on client responsibility from a junior level, but support when you need it.
- Secondment opportunities abound and they rarely lose anyone from the team other than to in-house
- There's also plenty of pro bono opportunities here, sometimes overseas
- They're the highest payers in the market, on top of which they're the only top tier that has a generous transparent bonus structure based on hours worked, not hours billed & paid, and which can earn you up to an extra 40% of salary if you really want to throw yourself at it.
- There's flexible working as standard and part time is definitely a workable option
Who do they want?
- They're interested in talking to mid level solicitors who have some strong projects experience and the drive to progress their careers in the area of complex and high value projects.
- They've won some major new project instructions and are looking for additional talent who can help take the lead on projects and further develop those clients.
- Strong academics are a given in this area of law.
- Applications are welcomed from solicitors with 2 years' PQE and upwards.
- If you'd like to find out more, informal coffees can be arranged with a senior member of the team before you decide whether it's something you'd like to pursue.
- Please contact us for more details and a confidential chat.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.