5 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
2 Year FTC
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Property and Facilities have responsibility for all aspects of the operation and management of Eversheds Sutherland properties. The main activities of the P&F team include property acquisition, disposal and space utilisation, general operation, administration, maintenance and repair. In addition they manage the contents and all services required to provide a quality, safe and secure environment for Eversheds Sutherland people, our clients and visitors.
The Project Manager role will report to a the Property and Projects Manager and will work closely with colleagues and suppliers in the UK and abroad. Travel to Eversheds Sutherland offices will be necessary, including offices outside of the UK.
This is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract Opportunity.
• Working effectively within the organisation structure of the wider office move project, forming good relationships with colleagues and suppliers to deliver the full project as a team.
• Working effectively alongside other project managers, delivering projects with may have overlapping resource requirements. .
• Effectively estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project.
• Ensuring that realistic project plans are prepared and maintained and tracking all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, and taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensuring that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
• Identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project.
• Providing effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Taking appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Actively representing the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
• Ensuring that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Producing appropriate documentation to support these processes.
Skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level or hold a professional qualification.
• PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualified (essential).
• MSP Foundation / Practitioner qualified (desirable)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a client-facing project management role.
• Project management responsibility for the implementation of new premises / office space.
• Decision Making - Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
• Progress Monitoring - Checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions and Planning and Organisation - Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
• Project Management - Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE.
• Project Planning and Control - Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product/work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
• Project Risk Management - The identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose.
• Contract Management - Methods and techniques for managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements.
• Change management – supporting the legal and operational teams in identifying and managing change as a result of the project.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.