about 1 month ago
* As Programme Manager you will be leading one of the largest and most important programmes at Linklaters, namely the replacement of the firm’s Document and Email Management solution.
* You will be responsible for leading the programme team, working closely with senior stakeholders, including the partner led steering group, technology team members, members of our Business Teams and several third-party organisations.
* You will lead the programme team in successfully building a cross section of support across the firm for making this change, select and implement the right product and ensure that working policies and working practices are appropriately designed and implemented to capitalise on the new capabilities a modern Document and Email Management product can offer.
Key Dimensions and skills
All aspects of programme management:
* Lead programme team to through the various phases of the programme ensuring compliance to firm’s programme and project processes and governance.
* Management responsibility for the project managers running projects/ workstreams within the programme.
* Facilitate the selection of programme suppliers/resources be the ultimate point of responsibility for those suppliers and resources, managing their performance effectively.
* Be the 1st point of escalation and resolution for all risk/issues deriving from the programme team, escalating to Head of Project Management, Sponsor, Steering Group as required
* Review and/ or create all programme related documentation, Business Cases/PIDs/Reports/Change etc
* Be responsible for the programme budget, including spend to date, forecast to close, FY accounting and changes
* Risk & Issue management, ability to find, plan and take mitigating actions against of programme threats and resolve problems in a dynamic and collaborative way
* Realistic planning; ability to apply programme rationale and pragmatism to programme plans (quality, budgets, schedules)
* Ensure that stakeholders at all levels are effectively managed, keeping people included, supported and involved as required.
* Strong leadership with a passion and drive to meet programme time, cost and quality constraints and when challenged seeks trade offs and alternatives to ensure programme success.
* A hard working, supportive and collaborative work ethic which sets an example to others
Training and experience
* Significant experience leading tech enabled change programmes in a global legal environment.
* Experience with legal Document Management System (iManage or NetDocuments).
* MSP practitioner and either PRINCE 2 practitioner or APM equivalent
* Formal knowledge, training and experience in change management.
* Supportive and collaborative programme team leader
* Able to guide direction and make decisions
* Success and results-oriented
* Strong accountability
* Flexible and able to cope with changing priorities
* Can work under pressure and remain calm in such situations
* Inclusive style and a good communicator at all levels
* Ability to think and plan strategically whilst getting into detail where needed.
* Team player, and sensitive to team dynamics
* Clear thinking and tenacious in achieving goals
* Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure
* Proactive – driving progress via self and others
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.