National firm is looking for a 2-5PQE Solicitor to join the professional indemnity team in Liverpool
Our national Litigation team deals with a wide range of disputes affecting both private and public sectors. Our clients include UK Corporates, owner managed businesses and public bodies. Whatever the subject matter of the dispute, we take a pragmatic and commercial approach, focusing on the business needs of the client. We have particular expertise in dealing with with a wide range of professional negligence disputes and expertise within the wider team of company/shareholder issues, intellectual property, breach of contract technology goods and services, probate, financial services and harassment.
To manage a caseload, and assist others with their caseloads, of a wide variety of professional negligence and related cases.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of, primarily, professional indemnity cases
- Assist other case handlers with their caseloads involving more complex and higher value claims
- Draft and perform legal research, investigations, etc
- Provide advice to clients on insurance coverage
- Attend at conferences and Court
- Communicate with clients, counsel and other parties, including the production of written reports to clients
- Complete client and internal MI procedures
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
- Qualified Solicitor
- Experience of professional risk work, including legal, financial and or construction professionals
- Experience of advising on insurance coverage and acting in coverage disputes
- Litigation experience and CPR knowledge
- Knowledge of the practices and requirements of insurer clients and an ability to work to meet those
- Enthusiasm for client development, including providing training and writing articles
- Willingness to innovate and develop new skills and products
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including to produce written reports to clients etc to the very high standard required
- Proficiency in standard document software (Office etc) and ability to learn to use new software, e.g. the firms' case management and finance systems, with training.