XXXPrivate Client Senior Associate 6+ PQE - London
A top ranked firm seeks an experienced Private Client Senior Associate to join their highly regarded team in London. This is an excellent opportunity with partnership prospects.
A full service law firm in the heart of London. Throughout the years, they have become a thriving and dynamic practice, providing a comprehensive range of legal services to meet the needs of a wide variety of businesses, individuals and organisations based throughout the UK and overseas. The people and culture are what makes them stand out as a law firm. Irrespective of seniority, every employee is respected and valued for their individual contribution. The people lead challenging and satisfying careers, providing them with the resources and support required for continuous professional and personal development and a rewarding work/life balance. The Firm look to recruit people with energy, enthusiasm and creativity and the potential to be the best in their field, who can build strong relationships with colleagues and with clients. They recognise each of their employees is unique and brings a breadth of experience to the Firm.
The Private Client team are ranked as top in The Times Best Law Firms, Chambers HNW and The Legal 500. With steady growth over the recent years, the department has moved from strength to strength. There are currently 5 partners and a friendly and supportive wider team of all levels. The team act as trusted advisers to HNW and UHNW individuals, trustees, families, businesses and trust companies both in the UK and internationally. The team look to develop close long-term relationships with contracts and clients in order to provide practical advice and commercial solutions on a very wide variety of tax, trust and estate planning.
As a part of this highly regarded team, you will be involved with the following:
* Drafting Wills and letters of wishes, usually with an international element, and coordinating advice from foreign advisers where needed.
* Advising on and setting up Excluded Property Trusts.
* Advising on domicile, residence, and the remittance basis of taxation.
* Advising on and undertaking trust compliance, including the UK Trust Register.
* Advising on UK taxation for international clients and offshore trusts, including IHT, NRCGT/CGT and IT.
* Advising on charitable giving and philanthropic planning in the context of UK and international estate planning.
* Advising on bespoke succession planning options for UHNW international clients, including the establishment of Private Trust Company structures and on Family Constitutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Managing a varied caseload including all aspects of international Wills, trusts, tax, estate and succession planning. This work will be largely autonomous, although officially under the supervision of one of the relevant partners.
* Interacting with clients, their advisers and intermediaries.
* Taking instructions from clients, advising on the law, tax and legal practical commercial issues.
* Drafting relevant deeds, documents, advice notes, letters and correspondence tailored to the client's individual needs and requirements.
* Administration tasks such as timesheets and finalising bills for client work in a timely manner.
* Minimum 6 years PQE
* Experience in advising and acting for UK and international HNW clients, families and trustees
* Ability to advise, implement solutions and drafting on areas including international wills, trusts, tax, estate and succession planning
* STEP qualified or currently undertaking STEP exams
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent client relationship skills
* Collegiate, team player approach
* Ability to prioritise a bust workload and delegate where necessary
* Strong judgement and the ability to make decisions
* Proven resilience
* Strong academic background
- Salary c. £98k
- Hybrid working
- Scope for Partnership
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: