We are looking for a junior chartered legal executive to join our private client department, within the family team in Bristol. The role will be assisting and supporting fee earners while also managing day to day work on your own caseload with supervision.
- Assisting fee earners with casework to include attending meetings, drafting documents research and correspondence, attending court etc.
- Day to day management of own cases to include proactively progressing cases with supervision.
- File management to include keeping accurate notes, electronic filing and paper filing.
- Billing and updating costs position.
- Diary management - liaising with clients/intermediaries to arrange meetings/appointments.
- Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
- Building up a rapport with clients and intermediaries.
- Becoming familiar with all standard marketing material for the department and gaining an overall knowledge of the other areas of legal work VWV covers, to assist with referral to clients/new enquiries to the relevant department.
- Being familiar with the content of any marketing information sent to clients advising them of seminars/events being offered in case enquiries about such come through directly to the department rather than Marketing.
- Opening new files, ensuring files are Lexcel compliant and assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established.
- Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
- Assisting with the production of marketing material and seminar notes.
- Liaising with other support teams, i.e. Reception/Business Centre/Marketing/Knowledge Centre where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
CILEx qualified or training.
Preferably with at least 6-12 months of previous legal experience in a family department dealing with divorce financial remedy and private children work to include running cases, attending court and drafting documents.
- Ability to play a key role within a busy department supporting and assisting fee earners and working as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work load when busy and working for multiple fee earners.
- Must be organised and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and ability to use initiative to progress matters where appropriate.
- Must be client focused and be able to support clients who can be emotional.
- Some knowledge of financial management of cases preferred.
- Excellent IT skills essential. Must be capable of self-supporting.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner, with ability to engage with clients essential.
- Willing to engage in business development initiatives.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word essential.
- A calm, helpful & professional image.
- Other packages used: PowerPoint, Excel, & LexisOne (accounting system) - training will be provided.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.