Position is in-house at top tier International Law firm.
The Privacy Lawyer is responsible for providing in-house support on data privacy matters and implementing the firm's ongoing privacy programme.
The Privacy Lawyer would work with the firm's Chief Information Security Officer, alongside the existing Privacy Lawyer and be supported by the firm's Information Security Analyst.
- Providing in-house legal advice on all privacy matters that relate to the firm's practice, including liaising with the firm's Privacy Partner and General Counsel and overseas offices;
- Devising and maintaining the firm's data privacy policies and procedures and working to ensure the firm's systems are designed and developed in a way to minimise privacy-related risks;
- Designing and delivering internal training, providing tailored guidance and rolling out regular firm-wide communications across the firm;
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of the data privacy aspects of agreements with clients and 3rd parties, including suppliers;
- Drafting and advising on data privacy documentation
- Networking with key stakeholders (including the Information Commissioner's Office and the Law Society of England and Wales) and peers in other law firms, as appropriate.
...For more details please request job spec.
At least 4 years post-qualification experience;
In-house legal experience is preferred but not essential;
Strong knowledge and experience of the data privacy environment and legal and regulatory regime in England and Wales.
To find out more contact: Houdah Al-Hakim on: or
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.