4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
Increasing globalisation has changed the nature of business. It has also changed the type of advice our clients need. Eversheds Sutherland was formed with this in mind. As our clients expand globally, we are with them. Our lawyers around the globe are united by our vision, values and understanding of our clients’ businesses and their needs. They provide legal advice of the highest quality whether they are operating within country or across borders from our 61 offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
The Pricing Manager serves as a resource to Eversheds Sutherland lawyers, business services employees, and clients to offer innovative fee arrangements and value-added services aimed at increasing cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
• working with the partners and the pitch team in relation to the pricing of work and client rate agreements
• becoming a key pricing contact through provision of pricing support to the groups and sectors
• assist partners in understanding the financial and pricing levers in their respective areas
• undertake financial modelling and scenario analysis to support pricing decisions
• become a trusted advisor to the business as part of the pricing, bid and matter lifecycle
• client facing fee negotiations and meetings
• support development and delivery of the pricing related projects
• supporting application of the firm wide pricing policy and monitor compliance with the policy
• conduct post completion reviews in relation to matter profitability
• produce and interpret financial information and analysis for departments, partners and fee earners
• deliver and create training collateral to the Partnership and other functions in order to share pricing best practice.
• Other ad hoc project support as required
Skills and experience:
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with lawyers, professional level business services employees, and peers.
• Experience with leading cross-practice and multi-jurisdictional proposals or similar complex projects.
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Experience working independently, as well as within cross-functional teams, in a collaborative, professional environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a professional services or corporate environment.
• Educated to degree level or higher, preferably in related field.
• CIMA, ACCA or MBA qualification preferred
• Ability to drive change in a partnership, providing ‘friendly challenge’ and innovative thinking.
• Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
• Creative, commercial and able to think laterally
• Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach, as well as the ability being able to work well on your own initiative and as part of a wider team.
• Solution oriented with a lively, energetic and positive outlook. Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.