7 months ago
Who we are looking for
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes. In the UK we have circa 130 professionals in the competency and now seeking additional Managers for this team
Effective transformational change programmes are characterised by a programmatic approach to delivery and an intelligent, evidence based approach to decision making and governance.
PPM provides this through 3 main service offerings:
* Establishing and governing change portfolios
* Programme leadership and delivery
* Intelligent programme and portfolio office management
With the increasing recognition and demand for dedicated portfolio and programme management expertise, we have several exciting opportunities to join our growing team and bring proven industry expertise and leadership combined with technical skills and a desire to develop our practice, service offerings and industry reach.
About the role
As a Manager in the PPM Competency, you can expect the following:
* Being a key and integral PwC engagement team member, producing high quality deliverables and taking responsibility for managing discrete elements of the programme and/or engagement.
* An opportunity to develop deep technical expertise in complex portfolio or programme environments and to develop broader programme management expertise in delivery work streams.
* Leading small PwC engagements on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the engagement lead, managing the team and taking responsibility for delivery, risk and quality and client relationships.
* Contributing towards and leading elements of PPM competency and people development, business development activities and supporting the growth of our priority industry sectors.
* Supporting the development of others both on and off engagements.
Essential skills needed for the role:
* Substantive industry experience in one or more of the following sectors
1. Financial Services
2. Retail or Consumer
4. Telecoms, Media or Technology
5. Energy or Utilities
* Relevant experience of programme, portfolio or project management and delivery.
* Consulting experience from a professional services environment
* Experience of the full PPM lifecycle and an understanding of how the identification of strategic objectives translates into planning and executing complex programmes of work.
* Experience of setting up and managing programme governance at executive and operational levels.
* Experience of defining programme scope and managing and controlling change.
* Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes.
* Experience of managing small teams and supporting the development of people’s performance.
* Able to articulate the value that programme, portfolio, project management and PMOs can bring to a large and/or complex engagements.
Significant experience of at least three aspects of PMO activity, in particular:
* Planning - Ability to develop a multi-workstream programme plan using MS project or other, including critical path and resource management.
* Risk Management – Ability to develop and manage risk and issue within a programme or portfolio environment.
* Benefits Management – Demonstrate a good understanding of benefits, be able to define a benefits management approach and be able to monitor benefits in line with this agreed approach.
Desirable skills sought for the role
* Constructing business cases for transformation.
* Experience of IT programme management and methodologies.
* Financial programme management experience (cost management and reduction)
* Portfolio management experience.
* Familiarity and/or experience using eTools such as CA Clarity, Primavera, Planview and SharePoint
* APMP, PRINCE2, P3O, Managing Successful Programmes, Management of Portfolios, Management of Risk, or PMI qualification
We are recruiting at Manager grade which attracts a salary of upto £63,000 base + benefits allowance and bonus depending on experience.. We are not currently recruiting at Senior Manager or Director grade
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.