11 months ago
Plot Sales Conveyancer
[Forward to a friend]
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
* Preparing and issuing plot sales contract packs and paperwork, to include relevant contract/assurance required to deal with plot reservation, on the basis of pre-prepared standard documents following receipt of memorandum of sale.
* Dealing with pre-contract enquiries under supervision where required.
* Liaising with the client and preferred solicitor to approve the draft transfer and estate layout plans.
* Processing exchange of contracts.
* Preparation of relevant completion statements and undertaking completion procedures.
* Making use of Land Registry online, undertaking Land Registry applications and online SDLT returns for the broader Real Estate team.
* Procurement of conveyancing searches.
* Dealing with incoming phone calls and incoming/outgoing post.
* Opening of files.
* Preparation of bills.
* Managing your own caseload without administrative support if necessary.
* Providing a quality, accurate and timely service to our clients, and managing client expectations.
* Using the Document Production System or any replacement system the firm may install.
* Using Laserforms.
* Using Word / Excel for the production of spreadsheets and reports.
* Other duties as may be required to support the wider Real Estate team from time to time.
Skills and qualifications
* Ideally 2+ years recent plot sales/conveyancing experience gained within a professional environment. Some training will be provided.
* Degree and LPC, CILEX or qualification as a solicitor or licensed conveyancer are preferred, though not a pre-requisite depending on experience and knowledge.
* Excellent written, numeracy, communication and client care skills.
* High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
* The ability to use initiative, adapt to change and new practices, remain calm under pressure and find solutions quickly.
* Enthusiasm with a positive, can do attitude and the ability to grasp things quickly.
* Excellent organisational skills, ensuring tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that all work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 3 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 3 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court judgments – should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting credit search then any offer of employment will be withdrawn), terrorism check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions