8 months ago
Job title: Senior Planning Solicitor
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing and expanding planning team within our busy commercial department. This role can be based at our Peterborough office.
* Proactively attracting work according to the needs of the firm and driving business development for the planning team in Peterborough and the wider firm.
* You will join the team advising clients in relation to some of the most important projects in the area and you will need to have a solid understanding and experience of drafting and settling section 106 agreements (including Affordable Housing provisions) and of section 38/278 agreements. Additional experience of dealing with planning/enforcement inquiries, enforcement issues and Judicial review would be helpful.
* Delivery of individual targets with appropriate supervision.
* Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction and building appropriate relationships with clients.
* Adherence of agreed quality procedures and management systems.
* Undertake and deliver work in a commercially effective manner.
* Development of technical and non-technical skills to meet client and firm requirements and demonstrate continuous improvements in all areas of work.
* Some travel and out of hours working required for business development, meetings and training purposes.
Relevant professional qualification.
* Strong legal skills in a planning setting.
* Responsible for a broad and varied caseload including negotiating and settling section 106 agreements and section 278 agreements and advising on issues such as enforcement appeals and judicial review work.
* You will be proactive and passionate about your career.
* Proven results in supporting business development across a team or firm.
* Working knowledge of case management systems and Microsoft Office applications.
* A strong team player with a can do approach, who can work independently if required.
* Uses initiative, plans and organises own time and workload so as to meet deadlines and prioritises work.
* A measured and rational approach to problem solving.
* Deals confidently and diplomatically with clients and other stakeholders.
* Demonstrates integrity and professionalism when dealing with people.
* Delivering a quality service
* Achieve commercial outcomes
* Deliver at pace
* Collaborating and partnering
* Changing and improving
* Making effective decisions
Reward and development
If you've got the technical skills and motivation to develop further, this is a tremendous opportunity with an excellent package. On offer is the opportunity to deal with a high quality caseload and an environment in which you can flourish.
We pride ourselves on positive work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely can make a difference.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as a firm our values are:
* Teamwork - we foster strong teamwork principles
* Respect - we appreciate each other and the clients we work for
* Excellence - we strive to deliver the best in all that we do
* Trust - we believe in and rely on each other
For further information on the role or to submit an application, please contact Sarah Clarke.