Planning Solicitor. A leading international firm is seeking a Planning Solicitor to join its top rated Birmingham team working on complex and high profile schemes from their earliest beginnings with a particular focus on infrastructure projects both nationally and internationally. The role offers excellent long term progression prospects within a highly regarded national planning team. The firm offers a market leading financial package as well as plenty of flexibility in how/where you work. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
* Advising on all aspects of planning and development law
* Specifically, major energy, infrastructure, marine and railway development projects as well as conventional projects including city centre and urban redevelopment projects, multi-party air rights developments, office towers with parking and retail components, multi-phased mixed-use projects, mixed use resort properties and lifestyle centre developments
* Reviewing application documents, shaping strategy, securing permissions and minimising the risk of judicial review for applications
* Acting for clients in both the private and public sectors, including developers, infrastructure providers, government departments and local authorities
* Candidates from the newly qualified level through to Senior Associate level will be considered as there are two available roles within the team
* Planning experience from a reputable private practice planning team or from local government
* Solid experience of major infrastructure projects and ideally development consent orders
* Proven track record in business development and able to build and develop client relationships (level of experience in this appropriate to level of PQE)
* Strong academic background
* The opportunity to develop your career with a nationally regarded planning team
* Market leading salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package
* Highly flexible and supportive working environment
If you're interested in the role of Planning Solicitor, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.