A superb opportunity for a PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SOLICITOR is available at this Top 50 UK Law Firm's Romsey office. This multi award winning Firm seeks a new addition to the team to advise on both urban and rural schemes, acting for, amongst others, landowners, house builders and banks.
Ideally you will have expeirence of both contentious and non-contentious work in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Ideally you will be a Newly Qualified to 4 year PQE Solicitor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport with clients and colleagues alike.
- Be experienced in contentious work including statutory appeals, statutory challenges to the High Court and Judical Review, Magistrates Court work when defending/mitigating in relation to criminal offences.
- Experience of advising on Assets of Community Value, Community Infrastructure Levy (and associated appeals) together with the Compulsory Purchase and Compensation regime, Town and Village Greens, Highways and Rights of Way.
- Experience in advising on appeals against abatement notices, controlled waste offences, Environmental Permitting Regulations and Waste packaging regulations.
- Negotiating and drafting both planning and infrastructure agreements and due diligence reports.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Due diligence for acquisitions of Brownfield sites and advising on the contaminated land regime.
If you are an ambitious Solicitor, keen to work within a supportive Firm and progress your career, this is the opportunity for you! A competitive salary and remuneration package are available together with a 35 hour working week and a balanced approach to the work/life blend.