We are currently recruiting for a Historic Child Abuse Compensation Solicitor or FCILEX at a boutique firm based in Yorkshire.
No experience in this field is necessary. Full training in this specialised area of personal injury litigation will be given.
This forward thinking firm of Solicitors committed to a diverse working environment and a longstanding flexible approach to home/ office working.
The department is a national leader in the niche area of abuse law. They are involved in landmark cases, specifically in abuse suffered in foster care and fought for a change in the law which allows an abuse claim to be brought before the Court regardless of when it took place. It is our belief that justice for child abuse survivors should be accessible no matter how long ago it happened.
We have acted as the lead Solicitor for large group of survivors who suffered abuse in children's homes and detention centres. And we have been instrumental in the development of scheme cases which has enabled survivors of abuse, who were unable to pursue their claims through the Courts to receive compensation for their experiences.
And we are active members of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a Solicitor or FCILEX;
- be highly organised and excellent written and oral communication;
- be IT literate because we operate a paper-lite system as part of our target to reduce our impact on the environment;
- have a background in Personal Injury Claims and/or Civil Litigation;
- demonstrate experience in litigation and have good advocacy skills;
- have previous experience of pursuing multi-track cases to trial, including attendance on Cost and Case Management Conferences and Cost Budgeting;
- have a desire to be involved in the marketing of the department; and
- have experience in dealing with CICA claims and drafting bill of costs and conducting cost negotiations would be an advantage.
What we will offer you
The benefits of working include:
- Generous holidays 26 days rising to 31 days plus statutory bank holidays, pro-rata hours
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee healthcare plan - dentist, optician etc, contributory
- Hybrid work patterns
- Star fund
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme