We are currently recruiting for a PI Litigator for a law firm on Merseyside.
Duties and responsibilities
· To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
· To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
· To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
· Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
· To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
· To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
· Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
· Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
· To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
· To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
· To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
Experience and Knowledge
· At least 2 years previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims.
· A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law
· Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
· Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
· Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.