LLB Honours degree is essential
LPC Pass or better is desirable
Candidate must have good drafting and written skills. Experience in managing a busy civil litigation caseload is desirable but not essential. Experience in personal injury claims is desirable but not essential. Judicial review experience desirable but not essential. Public sector/Central Government experience desirable but not essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide robust advice.
- Provide legal advice in answer to complex compliance enquiries from external stakeholders. Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer. Has up-to-the minute case files readily available.
- Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
- Acknowledges clients’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances client and Agency needs.Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client and/or the Agency.
- Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
- Share best practice and develop knowledge management.
- Ability to work simultaneously with different case loads.
All Candidates must:
- be able to demonstrate their abilities
- have at least 3 years practical litigation experience working with Personal Injury cases.
- be immediately available or available at short notice.