Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is currently looking for two Personal Assistants to work within the Employers Liability (EL) or the Road Traffic Accident (RTA) Departments. The role is working for Associate Solicitors (either a 1 on 1, or a 2 on 1 basis) and deals with a range of cases. These newly created roles will involve diary management & elements of case management, as well as liaising with courts, defendants and clients.
They are looking for a candidate that has legal secretarial experience, ideally PA experience. It is essential the secretarial/PA experience is within in a personal injury department. Candidates with their own fee earning experience are particularly encouraged.
This is an exciting role to work closely with an Associate on a varied and interesting caseload at a growing firm, with an excellent reputation in the market, rated highly on trust pilot and recognised in the Legal 500.
- To perform any such task required to support in the efficient management of cases, including monitoring important dates/deadlines, autonomously producing chaser letters and chaser calls, dealing with routine incoming letters
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing and ensure correct enclosures.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with company procedure
- When working on a file always making sure there is a task in there for the next step. Review the file and make sure if you have e.g. requested a Form of Authority, the appropriate chaser task is set.
- Fully complete jobs. If a dictation asks you to make a call to arrange e.g. an appointment, you may not mark the dictation as closed until the appointment is made (especially where it takes repeated attempts contact the client).
- Update case details such as client email address and / or 3rd party details
- Help live the 4 service promise and deliver excellent levels of client care.
- Good standard of literacy. No spelling errors, typos or grammar issues.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Demonstrable legal secretarial experience within personal injury.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (we may test at interview)
- Excellent audio typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
- The PA is expected to be pro-active and to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute
- Experience of working with court forms and creating pleadings
- Experience of digital dictation, ideally Big Hand
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
The company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Quiz Night, Escape Rooms, Junkyard Golf, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue etc, as well as weekly Football, Netball and Bootcamp.
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; PA, Personal Assistant, EA to Associate, PA to Associate, EA to Partner, PA to Partner, Legal Secretary, Office Assistant, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Business Assistant, Secretary, Fee Earner Support, Fee Earner Assistant, Legal Support Assistant will also be considered for this role.