12 months ago
Job Title: Paralegal – Serious and Specialist Travel Claims
Salary: Competitive Package including excellent flexible benefits scheme
We are currently recruiting a talented Paralegal to join our Travel department based in our Manchester City Centre office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join one of the UK’s largest Personal Injury firms. The Slater & Gordon Travel team is a dynamic and innovative place to work in. We are passionate about becoming the largest travel team in the country and our Travel Claims Solicitors have extensive expertise securing compensation for people injured in life changing accidents or illness abroad.
Responsibilities to include;
* Assisting and Handling a caseload of Fast Track, Multi Track and Catastrophic Injury claims
* Chasing Medical Records
* Instructing experts
* dealing with disclosure including but not limited to applying for and analysing Medical Records
* Preparing court bundles
* Updating the case management system
* Administrative duties
* Interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements
* Attending client meetings
* Attending conferences and Court to sit behind Counsel
* Drafting pleadings, interlocutory applications, directions questionnaires
* LPC graduate
* You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with Fast Track, Multi Track or Catastrophic Injury cases
* You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Personal Injury
* You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with or managing your own caseload within PI
* The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
* Please also note that we are proud to say that ours are busy teams and so you will need to be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment by prioritising your work to meet competing deadlines
What we offer in return;
In return we offer a positive and inviting state of the art work environment, excellent benefits with a market leading pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career with a leading International law firm.
Who we are;
Slater and Gordon Limited is a leading consumer law firm in Australia and the United Kingdom. We employ 1,210 people in 54 locations across Australia and 3,130 people across 25 locations in the UK. Slater and Gordon’s mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
Founded in Australia in 1935 the company has grown from quite humble beginnings to building a powerful reputation throughout our history as a law firm that fights to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying then please follow the online application process. Should your details be shortlisted, a member of the Recruitment Team will be in touch.