3 months ago
THE FIRM AND ROLE
DMH Stallard is a legal 100 firm with a headcount of 302, which provides integrated legal services from offices in London, Gatwick, Guildford, Horsham and Brighton. We were awarded Corporate Law Firm of the Year by South East Dealmakers in 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Do you have previous experience of Dispute Resolution Family work? Are you looking for the next step in your career? Are you client focused and able to work well as part of a team? Do you want to work for an award winning, passionate and supportive law firm that develops their own? This could be the perfect role for you!
We are looking for a Paralegal, Legal Executive or NQ Solicitor to join our Family team in our Horsham office. The primary focus of this role will be to operate as an effective member of the Dispute Resolution (Family) team working along side other fee earners in the Group. The individual is expected to develop good working relationships with clients, referrers and other team members. An empathy with people in difficult situations and an understanding of their needs is essential, as is the ability to manage their expectations. You will be responsible under supervision for own caseload of work and own fee targets.
WHO AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The key criteria for the ideal candidate will include:
* A Law degree is essential, LPC is preferred.
* Some previous experience of divorce; matrimonial finance disputes; pre-nuptial agreements; Children Act; matrimonial arbitration/mediation; cohabitation disputes etc.
* Knowledge of general family related legislation and relevant case law.
* Able to effectively manage their time to achieve client and internal deadlines.
* Understanding the importance of client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives including being able to understand pragmatic solutions for the client.
* Able to work within a team and provide support to Associates and Partners as appropriate.
* Confident Excel skills sufficient to enable the reviewing of relevant matters.
* Competent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Digital Dictation and Axxia.
* Ability to draft documentation, with attention to detail.
* Understanding of the strategy and vision of the firm.
* Communicate effectively with clients, in writing, over the telephone and in meetings.
* Convey technical legal information in an effective and accessible way.