7 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Real Estate group is one of the largest real estate teams in the UK, advising an impressive range of clients including commercial and residential developers, investors, major corporate occupiers and banks/funders. Offering exceptional market knowledge the team holds an outstanding reputation with clients and the market generally. “Clients are full of admiration for this team, noting it combines outstanding technical expertise with a “very” responsive service” (Chambers).
This role will be based in our Real Estate Residential team who act on behalf of Corporate Buyers and Sellers. You will be involved with the end-to-end conveyancing life-cycle which will include reviewing contract packs, raising enquiries, procuring conveyancing searches, processing exchange of contracts, completion procedures, dealing with Land Registry requisitions and registration procedures.
This is a busy team and there will be significant client contact. You will therefore need to be a strong communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong client and colleague relationships. A positive ‘can do attitude with a willingness to learn and the ability to get the job done is a must. You must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure.
* Managing a high volume of matters for key clients, ensuring SLAs are met
* Communicating effectively and confidently with clients and external solicitors (both in writing and by telephone) to provide advice, negotiate transactions and deal with queries in relation to both post-completion work and own matters.
* Completing client reports
* Assisting with various other tasks as required
Skills and qualifications
* 2+ year’s experience within a law firm financial services/mortgage provider, estate agency or other property-related organisation.
* Good knowledge of the conveyancing life-cycle (including post-completion).
* Excellent communications skills
* Ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients
* Able to work as part of a team as well as working on one’s own initiative
* Enthusiastic, energetic with a positive, can do attitude
* Good working knowledge of various applications – word, excel, outlook, digital dictation
* Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
* A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
* Good organisation skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled, completed and returned within the specified timescales.
* Ability to manage own workload and remain calm under pressure
* Legal qualification such as LLB, CILEX or CLC would be advantageous
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions