about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our regulatory compliance team within the litigation and employment department in Bristol.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
To work with colleagues to help clients realise their objectives, through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal advice and assistance.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with the largest national provider of specialist legal services to education sector clients. VWV's award winning educational work for institutions is ranked number 1 nationally in both Chambers and Legal 500 directories.
We are best known for advising schools (including independent schools and academies), colleges and universities on a variety of issues. We are looking to grow the work we are doing, in particular in health and social care and charities.
The work includes case work: crisis management, investigations, representation in legal proceedings and inquiries, and related advice on safeguarding, liability, governance and reputation protection; and compliance services: assisting clients with communications with regulators and inspectorates and helping them with the implementation, maintenance and review of policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ability to:
* Communicate accurately and concisely, both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
* Work well with colleagues
* Be organised and help to project manage complex matters
* Manage cases effectively
* Research the relevant law thoroughly and consider its application
Required knowledge and / or qualifications
* Good academics and legal qualification
Preferred knowledge and/ or qualifications
* LPC and/or case handling/debt recovery /CPR experience
* Knowledge of safeguarding and/or regulatory compliance
To assist with:
* Delivery of the team's compliance services including provision of the compliance toolkit and maintenance of our suite of policy documents
* Running complex matters relating to complaints/disputes and regulatory failings
* Undertake a small debt recovery caseload, if required
* To comply with the firm's internal systems and the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct and to report any issues of concern