9 months ago
Paralegal - Personal Injury
Dependent on experience
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal to join our established Personal Injury team in Oxford. Undertaking legal work under supervision you will also support the team by carrying out administrative work where required. Duties will include:
* Managing aspects of multi-track files managed by qualified lawyers and undertaking routine legal tasks, under supervision
* Under taking legal processes, under supervision, such as preparing trial bundles & collating documents for matters
* Drafting straight forward legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and accurately reflect the client’s instructions
* Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
* Deal with new enquiries from clients, taking initial attendance notes and setting up files
* General administration including audio typing/document management and diary management
* Provide support for business development and marketing activities including preparing and researching marketing materials and writing articles and blogs where requested
* Attend RWK BD events where appropriate to provide support and to build a network of business and client relationships
* Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
* Provide legal support to designated fee earners and act as a legal resource for the wider team, providing help where required
* Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, including effective use of information management systems including storing and retrieving information
Skills & Experience:
Legal qualifications (LLB or cILEX)
* LPC is highly desirable
* Previous experience in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal position is desirable
* Knowledge and experience of Personal Injury is desirable
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
* Client service focused with a great telephone manner
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
The successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last four years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!