29 days ago
Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London with offices in New York, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
At Mishcon de Reya LLP, our heritage in private client work is at the heart of our firm. Historically, the private client focus has been on tax and estate planning, trust and succession disputes, and family. Mishcon Private brings together these areas while, at the same time, broadening the practice to include reputation protection, immigration, family office management, fraud defence, residential property and art. Our clients include wealthy individuals and families and range from the high profile to the very discreet. The team at Mishcon Private comprises litigators, media law experts, art, tax and immigration specialists, and is highly experienced at dealing with family disputes and complex multi-jurisdictional cases.
* Proactive diary management: coordinating and managing multiple diaries including booking appointments and making travel arrangements;
* Administration: typing, billing, filing, handling correspondence, photocopying, faxing, archiving, taking minutes in meetings, transcribing audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports;
* File management: ensuring that all matters have their physical and electronic files opened in a timely manner, kept updated and well organised. Documents need to be properly labelled and stored and file needs to be updated with attendance notes as frequently as appropriate;
* MQ2 administration – file opening and closing, retainer letters and conflict checks;
* Preparing and sending e-mails to include attaching documents, printing and filing of incoming emails, attachments and confirmations;
* Ability to engage and understand the applicable law and to proactively progress matters under fee-earner's supervision;
* Researching, analysing, and drafting documents, and conducting due diligence;
* Reviewing portfolio statements and preparing investment schedules;
* Checking Immigration Rules and ensuring that all advice is up to date with most recent changes;
* Preparing application bundles to meet Home Office requirements (drafting application forms, index of documents and letters of representations);
* Assisting with advising clients on potential applications including, but not limited, to booking Home Office appointments and any language tests which they need to sit to be compliant with Home Office rules;
* Liaising with the Home Office to book biometrics appointments and ensuring payments are correctly processed;
* Conducting full review of passports and previous travel history to prepare schedule of absences;
* Interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, annual reports, etc;
* Acting as a point of contact for clients; preparing for and attending client meetings when required; liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner; taking detailed notes and following up with clients to ensure that all documentation is gathered in time to submit their application;
* Drafting letters of support tailored to specific client needs;
* Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database;
* Preparation of monthly bills and checking for monies on account and to see whether bills have been paid;
* Assisting other departments when required with PPA duties e.g. bundling as well as providing cover for fee earners diary management, fielding calls and dealing with post.
* Educated to at least degree level, a law degree is desirable, but not essential;
* Previous administrative experience working within a law firm or professional services environment is essential;
* Language skills essential;
* Strong organisational and planning skills with a flexible, positive 'can-do' approach to work;
* Ability to effectively manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively;
* Resilient and calm under pressure
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Discreet and confidential manner and the ability to handle commercially sensitive information with care and diligence;
* Confident, professional manner;
* Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners and clients;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a helpful and friendly manner;
* Proficient with Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
* Candidates should have some experienced with copy and audio typing (digital dictation) - with a typing speed of around 60wpm;
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.